Possible signs your pet may need joint support
Below are some common behavioural changes that may occur if your pet is struggling with its joints.
- Is your pet having difficulty jumping up/down from surfaces or furniture? Going up and down stairs? Or getting in or out of the car?
- Is your dog stiff when getting up in the morning or after sleeping?
- Does your dog lick their joints?
- Does your dog have difficulty reaching down to their food or water bowl?
- Has your dog slowed down on walks? Or started lagging behind?
- Does your dog still run to greet you?
- Does your dog seem quieter than usual? Are they interacting less with the family?
- Does your dog act defensively, get irritable or growl if touched?
- Does your pet have difficulty getting through the cat flap?
- Is your pet sleeping or resting more than usual?
- Is your cat sleeping in easier to reach places?
- Is your cat spending less time hunting or going outdoors less frequently?
- Is your cat's fur becoming matted in hard to reach areas?
- Is your cat more irritable when stroked/handled? Avoiding contact with the family and/or other pets?
If you think your pet is in need of a joint supplement for dogs or cats or are just generally concerned about your pet's joint health, always contact your vet who can give you the best possible advice specific to your pet's health needs.